Wiring a Oil & Trans Temp Auto meter gauges

ontariomal

Amateur Racer
I was just wondering if anybody has done this before & if they could tell me where they put the sending unit of the oil temp gauge?? They supply the sending unit, but I'm not sure exactly where to install in the motor to get the most accurate reading.

I'm running a 406 SB in my 80 Malibu...

A

Anonymous

i have a nordskog transmission temperature gauge had to weld a bung in the transmission pan.

ontariomal

Amateur Racer
roughskinjrz said:
i have a nordskog transmission temperature gauge had to weld a bung in the transmission pan.

Thanks, does anybody have any news on the OIL temp.?? The trans temp, did you have any clearance issues??

ontariomal

Amateur Racer
WIKD 81 said:
My sender is in the side of the oil pan. On mine a bung had to be welded in the pan.No clearance issues.
Ralph.

I never thought of doing that, but I guess I could... I would much rather put it in the block somewhere, isn't there a bolt somewhere in the block where I can get to the oil passages??

ontariomal

Amateur Racer
Can anybody help me with this or am I going to have to do trial & error???

hevychevy567

Frequent Racer
Nov 24, 2007
Queens New York
I am with you i have a small block and i cant seem to figure out how to get the oil pressure gauge to work.

ontariomal

Amateur Racer
hevychevy567 said:
I am with you i have a small block and i cant seem to figure out how to get the oil pressure gauge to work.

Oil pressure I can help you with, mine is installed & works fine... it's my oil temp that I'm having a problem with.

hevychevy567

Frequent Racer
Nov 24, 2007
Queens New York
How did you wire it to the fuse box.

iwannawheelie

Amateur Racer
Jan 11, 2008
CT
for transmission temp as it was said it usualy goes on the side of the pan, bm deep pans have threads for the sender already in the pan.

Oil temp i always seen on the oil pan as well like it was said welded bung and screwed in. As for the wiring you just need a wire from the sender to the gauge and you can either wire into the factory guage harness like i did, or just take a wire and put a spade connector on the end and plug it into one of the spots on the front of the fuse box labeled IGN

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts