Who was it on here that is using pacesetter headers?

A

Anonymous

Someone on the site had used pacesetter headers with their LSx swap in a malibu. If I remember correctly the driver side header had to be tweaked to get it to fit. I'd like to better understand what is needed to make these work.

quickie70

Weekend Racer
Feb 20, 2008
Denver, CO
I can't remember who it is, but IIRC he's using the passenger side pacesetter and the driver side is something else. 455_82malibu is using edelbrock shorties and a few others are using f-body manifolds. I guess the BMR ones are the best fitting, but I'm not shelling out that kind of coin for mine. Not to thread jack but does anyone know why the truck manifolds don't work? They look good to me (although my engine is out of the car right now, it may run right into the heater box or something)

A

Anonymous

Pretty sure they were both Pacesetter, one worked fine, the other had to be tweaked a bit. BRP headers are too expensive for my budget, and I'd like something that flows better than stock f-body manifolds. I'll go with Pacesetter, if I know I won't have to waste too much tme modifying them.

87SS

Dragway Regular
Jul 18, 2004
Hillsborough, NJ
www.cardomain.com
It was Roller406Bu

http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=56385&hilit=pacesetter

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
quickie70 said:
I can't remember who it is, but IIRC he's using the passenger side pacesetter and the driver side is something else. 455_82malibu is using edelbrock shorties and a few others are using f-body manifolds. I guess the BMR ones are the best fitting, but I'm not shelling out that kind of coin for mine. Not to thread jack but does anyone know why the truck manifolds don't work? They look good to me (although my engine is out of the car right now, it may run right into the heater box or something)
IIRC they hit the steering arm pretty badly. Not sure about the passenger side. But yeah, they aren't close to working.

SkidmarkSS

Frequent Racer
Feb 23, 2008
Tampa.FL
I have Pacesetters on my 87 SS in the sig, the tube on the left side had to be refabbed to clear my motor plates and frame rails other side was tight but worked.

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
No hookers bein used?

LSJM1

Amateur Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Atlanta
I got some pacesetter longtubes yesterday,drivers side goes in pretty easy and clears everything real good,the collector is angled out a little but theres plenty of room to fix the exhaust before it gets to the crossmember
The passenger side slides right in from the top {no a/c} but the 2nd tube hits the side of the frame a pretty good amount,I thought I could just ding the tube a bit but after flattening it about half way it's still touching so I'm going to cut the tube,get a piece of bent tubing from summit and try not to F*ck it up too bad with my mediocre fabricating skills
I hope this clears up some of the confusion

A

Anonymous

Could you post a picture of the passenger side clearance?

LSJM1 said:
I got some pacesetter longtubes yesterday,drivers side goes in pretty easy and clears everything real good,the collector is angled out a little but theres plenty of room to fix the exhaust before it gets to the crossmember
The passenger side slides right in from the top {no a/c} but the 2nd tube hits the side of the frame a pretty good amount,I thought I could just ding the tube a bit but after flattening it about half way it's still touching so I'm going to cut the tube,get a piece of bent tubing from summit and try not to F*ck it up too bad with my mediocre fabricating skills
I hope this clears up some of the confusion

LSJM1

Amateur Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Atlanta
I'll take some pics when I get the header welded and ready to go back on the car hopefully tomorrow

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts