Which sparkplugs for SBC Dart Pro 1 Platinum heads???'s

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
I used the ar3933 what dart recommended and found they foulded up quickly, So I crossed reference to an AC Delco and have been very happy since

Damon

Pro Stocker
Feb 7, 2005
Philly Area
The Autolite AR-series of plugs you used, Bowtie81, are side-gapped "racing" plugs that WILL wear out nightmarishly fast on the street (they work great when racing, though!). I've experienced the same problem with them EVERY SINGLE TIME I've tried to use them on the street, so you're not alone in that observation.

The Autoline "street" version of the plug is the Autolite 3924 (no AR in front of the number). They have a regular over-the-top side electrode and are more reliable than the sun coming up tomorrow, plus they sell for cheap. I have not gotten a bad set yet and I've probably used 30-40 sets in different motors with modern aftermarket aluminum heads. That's a lot if you're just a "home-gamer" like me.

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
Damon said:
The Autolite AR-series of plugs you used, Bowtie81, are side-gapped "racing" plugs that WILL wear out nightmarishly fast on the street (they work great when racing, though!). I've experienced the same problem with them EVERY SINGLE TIME I've tried to use them on the street, so you're not alone in that observation.

The Autoline "street" version of the plug is the Autolite 3924 (no AR in front of the number). They have a regular over-the-top side electrode and are more reliable than the sun coming up tomorrow, plus they sell for cheap. I have not gotten a bad set yet and I've probably used 30-40 sets in different motors with modern aftermarket aluminum heads. That's a lot if you're just a "home-gamer" like me.
thanks for the info buddy.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts