Which power rack will fit 87 G-body?

Cutlass3800

Amateur Racer
May 4, 2009
Medicine Hat, Alberta
Yeah, I guess I'm finishing the job of hijacking this thread simply because this is where mpavlov mentioned adapting the Fiero rack. For my needs, I'm not worried about fitting a power steering unit - a manual rack would be fine. Besides, being a rear-engine car, the Fiero's were never offered with a power steering option.

As previously mentioned in this thread, TRZ does offer a brand new, shortened Pinto-style rack with complete mounting kit, but for my budget it's a little spendy and (if I read the instructions properly) still requires drilling 2" holes into the cross-member and some welding. From the sounds of it, a Fiero rack might not be any more difficult to install and it has the added appeal of being cheap as dirt from the local Pick 'n Pull. Before starting down that road though, it would be nice to know some more of the details regarding installation and to hear some feedback regarding bump steer or any other issues.

Firetruck1

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2013
Ocala Florida
Cutlass3800 said:
mpavlov said:
Check out my posting... I used a 84 Fiero rack... fabbed some brackets and a hole for the steering shaft to come through and it all fit nice! I bit of work to convert but well worth it...

Reviving an old post, but does anybody have any more information or experience with installing a Fiero rack into a G-Body?

Reviving this again. Has anyone had any luck trying this out since 2009?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts