Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Edelbrock Torker II

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

bracketchev1221

Dragway Regular
Apr 22, 2009
Mountville Pa
You seem to be stuck in the middle ground on both sides. 600 cfm is small, 750 is too big. As far as intakes, you are running out of the range for the performer, but will see more low end gains than the Torker II can give upstairs. The cam will rev to 6000, so I don't really see the Performer hurting it that much. Like was said, an EPS will help it more, but this is about what you have. I would run the performer, and the 750 if it is vacuum secondary.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
A Q-jet would really fit better, smaller primaries from what I understand, but overall CFM rating is higher. You could also run a vacuum secondary 650 if you want to stick with a squarebore.

patmckinneyracing

Weekend Racer
Feb 5, 2010
I'll probably just stick with the performer cause I realized I'm having to run an open 1 inch adapter plate to fit the square flange carb on the spreadbore performer. So essently this whole time I have been running a mild "air-gap" performer.

Yeah I started realizing that after I researched and matched up the rest of the drivetrain, that my rpm range was right in the middle for requiring going to a single plane intake and going with a larger carb. What I can do as far as the carb is start with the 600 edelbrock for break-in procedure and to gauge the performance of the motor with this carb. Then swap on the Carter AFB 750 to see if the performance gets better or worse.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts