what would you recommend for a clutch and flywheel?

SEVNT 9

Dragway Regular
hayes, mcleod, centerforce, zoom, factory?? I plan on installing a T56 with a stock hydraulic set up, I would prefer the easiest clutch on my leg but if I have to sacrifice some comfort for holding power I don't mind.

I'm not sure how much hp my engine is making my specs are in my signiature. maybe 350 hp at the crank??? I am really new to the high performance "stick" scene and dont know too much about it so any help would be appreciated. Im defffintily on a budget so please keep that in mind too. thanks in advance - Shawn

7d8ss

Amateur Racer
Jan 29, 2005
Lexington, Ohio
My recommendation would be the Centerforce Dual Friction. Light pedal pressure & serious grip with the counterweights. A little over $300. with throwout bearing. ~ Jon

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
X2, I have the C/F D/F in my big-block 70 ElCamino. No more pedal pressure than stock, but grabs like it's welded. Lee

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Good info :D I have ~375hp on an OE unit in mine with a Saginaw trans, and so far I haven't really had any issues, but the tires don't hold up that well either :twisted: I'd rather the clutch slip than break the trans though, Saginaws aren't the easiest to find hard parts for.

SEVNT 9

Dragway Regular
thanks guys! I had a buddy at work also recommend centerforce didn't say which exact clutch such as the dual friction but with 3 recommendations and 2 with actual set ups i think this is an easy choice

does the dual friction require a special flywheel? or can i get away with using stock? or should i just upgrade to a centerforce flywheel as well? thanks again - Shawn

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
I'm running a CF dual friction as well.....never had it slip....mine uses a normal replacement flywheel (SFI of course)

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Shafi Keisler told me not to use a Centerforce with a hydraulic clutch. For the life of me I can't remember why, but I do remember he said whatever the reason was it's why they stopped using them.

Tommy

SEVNT 9

Dragway Regular
just priced one out from jegs $619.00 :shock: yikes wonder if i can find i cheaper somewhere else... ls6 tommy what would you recommend using with a hydraulic set up? keeping in mind im budget based. thanks - Shawn

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
are you using everything for the LT1 T-56? or an adapter style with a different bellhousing?

mines doing just fine with a hydraulic clutch Tommy, I'm curious why Keisler would say that?

SEVNT 9

Dragway Regular
i plan on using everything from the lt1, hydraulics, bellhousing, and flywheel i currently dont have it set up yet just gathering parts at the moment.

so far i have the crossmember from iceman, John Bzdel clutch pedal, and the gm pedal pads.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts