What spray paint do you use?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I do, seriously :mrgreen: I usually shake it for several minutes.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
El Coolmino said:
Shake your paint better. Seriously.
sounds like a text book. Of course the paint is shaken well and when finished painting, turned upside down and sprayed until clear.

My experience with rustoleum gloss black or bbq black, is once it has been used, put it back on the shelf for a few months, and used again, it never sprays like a new can. Additional shaking has never corrected the problem. Eventually, the tube inside gets clogged and the can is junk. I have had this same experience for 30 years.

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
I used a Spray Grip along with Krylon Semi Gloss Black when I shot my son's 150cc scooter.
When we got it, it was a hideous Olive Green, and I shot it the Semi-Gloss Black

Came out pretty well, if you ask me. I set up a little booth in the garage and pulled all the panels off the frame and shot each one after sanding/priming/sanding/tacking...

purecrazy

Weekend Racer
Jul 19, 2010
I almost exclusively use Dupli Color...it is worth the couple extra bucks, esp. when doing a low budget "spray" job, the quality of both the paint and the cans seem to be a little better than any other brand I've found. For a low budget paint thru a gun, Rustoleum seems to be great, quality and gloss, durability, etc., is awesome for the price, roughly $20 a gallon, but their spray cans suck.

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
On engines I always use either Dupli-color, or VHT. On headers I always use the VHT high heat stuff. I have always had problems with almost every other brand of spray paint. What makes the Dupli-color paint so much better to use is the nozzle design. It actually sprays a fan pattern instead of a round(or dot) pattern. Personally I hate Krylon. I see all kinds of cool stuff that they make, but everytime I try them I end up disappointed with the results.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I'll usually run my spray bomb cans under relatively hot water for a little while before using them & the Spray Grip thingies are great! This one is nice & comfy & is a breeze to get on & off:

647-241526EPS.jpg

Tommy

awbrooks496

Weekend Racer
Apr 21, 2008
Lansing, Michigan
I like to use SEM paints for anything I can. The cost a little more, but crap like that usually doesn't happen with SEM. That has happened to me when the paint is cold, not shaken enough, or old.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts