What Rear Coil Springs?

Pale340

Weekend Racer
Mar 6, 2004
Clarksville, TN
pale340.tripod.com
Hey all, it is time to replace my original rear coil springs. I have a 65 12 bolt rear diff from an el camino. My tires are 28 inches tall, I just replaced the shocks, and I have air bags inside the coil springs. So, what coil springs can I go with that will keep me from having to use my air bags to clear my tires? I hate the ride. I want to use the air bags at the track and not for driving all around.
P3190004-2.jpg

A

Anonymous

i am having the same issue on my car so i am either going to buy adjustable perches or fab some up then i can adjust ride height kinda like coilovers without the expense

TNTS79

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2006
Illiniois
I have moog monte ss stock replacements on my malibu and it clears my 28" tires...

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
You cannot use sedan springs, or the wagon will really sag.

Aren't the 12-bolt perches a little higher than on the 7.5 due to a different tube diameter? If so, you will already have gained that much in height.

The airbags should only have about 10 lbs of air for normal driving, or it will feel like you are riding on basket ball.

I struggled to find springs for my wagon and settled on new standard ones.

You can use the equation for a spring and calculate the new height, but you will need the specs for the springs. See this other topic to see how you can compute the installed height of a spring:
http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=83489

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts