What parts are needed to un-convert a 6.0L from carb to EFI?

Dan

Dragway Regular
Jul 27, 2003
Chitown Suburbs
I ran across a potential deal on a 6.0L, but it is carb'd and has a front mount distributor setup.

I figured I can sell all of that to recoup some money to finance the EFI, but what all is required?

Is there anything needed besides a manifold, throttle body, injectors, O2 sensor, wiring harness, and ECM?

vickysbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2011
Low End
Re: What parts are needed to un-convert a 6.0L from carb to

You might even get lucky and find someone who's willing to trade a efi setup for the carb deal, try posting it.

B.G.

Amateur Racer
Sep 12, 2008
Seymour, Wisconsin

I have multiple manifolds, throttle bodies, injectors and related parts, coil pack set ups, etc....Interested in your carb stuff - located in Wisconsin. 920-660-6895

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana

What you got for manifold.I have a 6.0 with injectors,fuel rails,cable throttle body,no intake. its cracked and no computer. i do have the injector harness. im in northern indiana.46366

B.G.

Amateur Racer
Sep 12, 2008
Seymour, Wisconsin

sbmalibu said:
What you got for manifold. im in northern indiana.46366

If you're asking me, I've got 1 ls1 intake-no T.B., 2 LQ9 intakes with T.B.'s -1 D.B. wire 1 D.B. cable, and 1 Lq4- with Drive by cable T.B.

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana

If you're asking me, I've got 1 ls1 intake-no T.B., 2 LQ9 intakes with T.B.'s -1 D.B. wire 1 D.B. cable, and 1 Lq4- with Drive by cable T.B.[/quote]

I was actually asking you and the op both.I need a intake only to sell my complete injection setup but i also wanted to know what intake he has that he wants to sell/trade.I do have a question for you though b.g.Dont you sell lsx mounts.Can you give me a price on mounts for a ls in my malibu.You can pm me if you want.sorry for the hijack.

Dan

Dragway Regular
Jul 27, 2003
Chitown Suburbs

Thanks guys!

Unfortunately, I called back and it is sold.

But I will stay on the look out!

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491

Dan said:
Thanks guys!

Unfortunately, I called back and it is sold.

But I will stay on the look out!

Before I picked up my 6.0, there was a guy up north somewhere selling shortblock cores for $300 a piece. Whatever you wanted, 6.0, 5.3, LS2, LS1. We exchanged emails a couple times. Don't see his ads on craigslist anymore sadly :(

Good luck finding one though

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts