What did U do to your G-body today??

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
elcaminoss84 said:
What converter did you go with ?

TSI 10" high stall. Its way too loose. Couples way too high. Car launches well. However it does not MPH like it should.

Going to get a custom R&R Racing converter next...one actually built for my combination insteas of some off the shelf unit they sent me.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
a little more exhaust work this week.that little jack makes all the diffrence.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I had bought new marker lights for the front of my Elk. They didn't have any holes for mounting. My wife and I made a template and drilled the holes

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
Yesterday I rejetted the turbo car and today i finally installed new endlinks on the stocker so the swaybar now works again. Also changed the muffler on the stocker to something with just a little tone.

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Installed TRZ's rear upper control arm housing bushings. Adjusted wheelbase, centered the 9" and adjusted the pinion angle.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
those look very nice.i always wanted a pair.they fit the 9" ok?i only ask because they list them for the A-Body 1964-1967 Rears.

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Hey mello,

Actually, they were from Trick Chassis. I screwed up. Bought this 9" housing years ago from a circle track guy who had built it for a gbody. The bushings I bought, when put together, measured .950" between the flanges. The top ears on the housing were fabbed from 5/8" (.625") thick flat stock so I had to have my local shop machine two .325" with 1.850" I.D. spacers to fill the gaps. Made em from 6160 2-1/4" aluminum round stock. The bushings are designed to fit GM & Ford housing ears that are thicker.

When the guy welded up the housing brackets, the top drivers side ended up slightly skewed (nothing major). It was poly bushed before and I'm sure was binding some. Before I installed DA's, it was a pain to line that left side up in order to install the bolt. Was on my bucket list for a long time. Piece of cake now :D

Hardest part was removing the old poly shells. Seems I had em installed when powder-coating was done ](*,) Made my own removal tool. Cleaned up the holes with a flapper drum on the die grinder and installed with minimal effort.

~Steve

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts