What body mods would you do to your car (if any)?

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
Thanks Chris,
I wouldn't be opposed to using a few aerosols. The bumpers are primed with 2K urethane. They've been sanded with a DA using 80 grit paper, etch primed for tooth...no sealer yet. It sounds like a pretty cool product to me.

You also mentioned Spectra Chrome. Is that the chrome paint that we once discussed?

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
sounds like your on the rite path with your bumpers Jack,i'm the same way.i blasted/epoxyed/2k'd mine after all the welding/bodywork.i don't recall having that discussion but it still could of happened ](*,) tough getting old.that spectra is a very precise process and if you *&%$ it up at any of the 3 stages, your starting right back at the start. not like normal spraying you can rub it out and keep going etc..from what i've seen its not bad but a long process.and not very cost effective either my buddy said the material/start up cost is something stupid like just under 8grand to start & cover a couple hundred sq feet of material.but you can chrome spray just about anything with it.he's been trying to perfect his method before he uses it on any jobs.better him than me that's for sure. :D

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
Chris,
I will probably consider the stainless product instead of chrome paint. It looks like cool stuff, but I also heard that it ain't cheap.
The Thomas' stuff is a lot more cost effective, plus if I do f@#@ it up, I can probably scuff it up and go over it again.
Now you got me thinking whether we did talk about the chrome paint or not. The mind is a terrible
thing to waste... :?
Thanks buddy!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts