transmission lines

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
There's no good way to do that. Hose clamps generally don't take too kindly to the pressures seen in transmission lines.

Tommy

slim69

Amateur Racer
Mar 7, 2009
Henderson, ky
I KNOW I BOUGHT A CAR THAT HAD BRAIDED HOSES WITH THE FACTORY STYLE ENDS CRIMPED ON BUT CANT FIND OUT WHO SELLS THEM ID LIKE TO HAVE ANOTHER SET

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
They are just hard inverted flare lines, you can buy at any auto parts store and bend yourself... actually pretty cheap... They may vary in sizes, so you may take one off and bring it with you. When I worked at "The Zone", we had rolls of rubber transmission cooler hose in the back you can uy in bulk, and hard lines with the fittings already on each end...

slim69

Amateur Racer
Mar 7, 2009
Henderson, ky
I DONT WANT TO USE CLAMPS AND RUBBER HOSE IVE DONE THAT BEFORE AND IT WILL LEAK EVENTUALLY THESE WERE FLEXABLE BRAIDED LINE WITH THE END MADE ON IT

A

Anonymous

Have you tried a hydraulic hose shop? If you have an industrial area around you, you likely have a hydraulic hose shop that makes pretty much any kind of hose you could want.

MonteMike79

Pro Stocker
Nov 7, 2003
Erie, PA
Just get a roll of braided hose and cut the lengths you need and put the fittings on the end. It really is easier than you might think.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts