trans adapter ? where to buy from

G-BUDDY

Jan 20, 2011
so i stayed up till 2 or so last nite looking to see where i can find the adapter to bolt on a 350 or 400 transmission behind either a 5.3 or 6.0 going to buy my motor this weekend so i also want to look for the adapter so my engine can be placed. will they bolt right up no problem or will there be some funny looking space or bolt holes not lining up right all the help greatly appreciated .....

B.G.

Amateur Racer
Sep 12, 2008
Seymour, Wisconsin
G-BUDDY said:
so i stayed up till 2 or so last nite looking to see where i can find the adapter to bolt on a 350 or 400 transmission behind either a 5.3 or 6.0 going to buy my motor this weekend so i also want to look for the adapter so my engine can be placed. will they bolt right up no problem or will there be some funny looking space or bolt holes not lining up right all the help greatly appreciated .....
The trans bolts right up. You'll either need to make some custom dowel pins for the block, or open up the holes in the transmission. For mock up purposes, just punch the pins out and use the 4 M10 bolts. The adapter you speak of can either be made, or get one from tci or hughes. I have all of the dimensions.920-660-6895

z28krazy

Amateur Racer
Apr 10, 2010
New Braunfels, Texas
B.G. said:
G-BUDDY said:
The trans bolts right up. You'll either need to make some custom dowel pins for the block, or open up the holes in the transmission. For mock up purposes, just punch the pins out and use the 4 M10 bolts. The adapter you speak of can either be made, or get one from tci or hughes. I have all of the dimensions.920-660-6895

Dumb question time. Why would you need an adapter if the trans bolts right up?

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
One of the trans bolts doesn't bolt up the the Gen III/IV engines. I would assume the adapter would fix that. However you don't need the bolt considering most don't use an adapter.

B.G.

Amateur Racer
Sep 12, 2008
Seymour, Wisconsin
z28krazy said:
B.G. said:
G-BUDDY said:

Dumb question time. Why would you need an adapter if the trans bolts right up?

The adapter I spoke of pilots your old style torque converter into the LS crank. about $35 from a supplier. 4 of the bellhousing bolts can be used very easily, that's all you need. Sorry about the confusion.
For mock up purposes, you don't need the converter installed-just bolt them together.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts