thoughts on Weiand 142 blower?

whiteaker8698malibu

Weekend Racer
Mar 7, 2007
Eugene,OR
I found a guy selling a slightly used Weiand blower with everything for 700,its a small 142 but I thought it would be pretty cool on my car,and I hear they fit under 2 1/2cowl hoods.Is there any thing I should know about using them?I have large chamber heads.Should I get a blower cam?...

MEGABU

Top Fueler
Aug 20, 2007
Blue Island, IL
that blower is good for about 5-7 psi with the stock pulley, so low compression & a blower cam aren't really necessary. that little box will definitely wake your ride up, but it's not like a race blower. on a 350 hp motor, it's good for about another 50-80 hp, realistically. you can get o/d pulleys for those, but it really makes those little guys work hard and wears 'em out faster. other than that, they're cool little units for making good, reliable street power!

DeltaT

Dragway Regular
Oct 28, 2003
Nor Cal
Plus don't they give even a better bump to torque, like 125ft/lbs? Nice setup if you just want something tougher than a mellow NA SBC. Surprise!
Last one I saw didn't even whine much.

Jim

MEGABU

Top Fueler
Aug 20, 2007
Blue Island, IL
DeltaT said:
Plus don't they give even a better bump to torque, like 125ft/lbs? Nice setup if you just want something tougher than a mellow NA SBC. Surprise!
Last one I saw didn't even whine much.

Jim
exactly, which makes 'em nice & stealthy! your 425 hp motor sounds like 350 hp! :twisted:

John N

Top Fueler
Feb 12, 2005
South Jersey
jackstandracing.com
I don't know what the hell was wrong with my 142 to this day, but I took it off and the car went faster from the weight savings! REALLY! :shock: It made the blower whine and all, well, actually no, that was all it did for me. Just check it over well before you buy it and don't torque the 4 long blower bolts more than 12 ft-lbs or you'll crack the intake (not fun).

MEGABU

Top Fueler
Aug 20, 2007
Blue Island, IL
John N said:
I don't know what the #### was wrong with my 142 to this day, but I took it off and the car went faster from the weight savings! REALLY! :shock: It made the blower whine and all, well, actually no, that was all it did for me. Just check it over well before you buy it and don't torque the 4 long blower bolts more than 12 ft-lbs or you'll crack the intake (not fun).
what brand was yours?

whiteaker8698malibu

Weekend Racer
Mar 7, 2007
Eugene,OR
John N said:
I don't know what the #### was wrong with my 142 to this day, but I took it off and the car went faster from the weight savings! REALLY! :shock: It made the blower whine and all, well, actually no, that was all it did for me. Just check it over well before you buy it and don't torque the 4 long blower bolts more than 12 ft-lbs or you'll crack the intake (not fun).
Ya I know they are not head bolts,they usually dont whine until wide open if they are working right.

whiteaker8698malibu

Weekend Racer
Mar 7, 2007
Eugene,OR
About the only reasonable power adder I can even thinking of getting now,well nos to.And a blower would be alot easier to install.

MEGABU

Top Fueler
Aug 20, 2007
Blue Island, IL
on a hardcore terror machine, i'd rather run a turbo. but on a daily driver, and especially for simplicity's sake, go with the little huffer. it's just pure cool! :)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts