Thoughts on a Powertrax Lock Right???

I have a 8.5" 3.73 open rear end out of a 442. I'm wanting to go with a limited slip/posi, and I was wondering if anyone has any experice with the Powertrax Lock Rights. It would sure be nice to drop one in and not worry about re-setting up the gears. I'm only looking at putting 400-450 HP it at the most (built 385 SBC w/ a solid cam). Any thoughts or previous experiences would be appreciated.

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
I used one for about 4 years in a truck making about 500 hp and running high 11's. I broke all the shear pins once but new ones were free. Its a little noisy but it defintly saves alot of time on the install. go for it.
Brian

loudvolvo

Amateur Racer
Jun 23, 2009
kentucky
ive got one in my monte carlo with a 8.5" rear. probably took an hour to install tops. if you plan on replacing your side bearing thrust washers be sure to call autozone or napa and have them order them cause no one will have them in stock. I went to every auto parts store in town and no one had em in stock.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
It will add some lash to your drivetrain, but may not be very noticable with an automatic transmission. The added lash did not play well my 4 speed.

You may want to check the gear lash and set it back to spec while you have the cover off.

You will be able to feel the plowing effect when it is locked and you are trying to make a slight turn.

I liked mine, except for the lash issue.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts