The old question on rim/tire sizing with mini tub !!

giverzx9r

Daily Driver
May 26, 2008
St Catharines Ontario Canada
Well my 79 Malibu project is a little slow but still moving.

As you will see in my pics Ive done the mini tub on the rear frame rails and boxed in the channels and will be doin some lip mods to the shell.

I've heard on this forum that some guys have been able to get 335's in the back?? True???

Question : What is the maximum rim & tire width front and rear?

I have a complete aftermarket suspension and brake system from Savitke. So i'd like to have the widest possible combination on it for handling. (13" front rotors and 12" rear)

Also..... Looking for companies that have new gas tanks and stainless steel brake line kits??

Thanks 4 any help!!

Attachments

• Malibu 1.JPG
    Malibu 1.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,643
  • malibu 4.JPG
    malibu 4.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,641
  • IMG_0363 SMALL.JPG
    IMG_0363 SMALL.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,554

brrymnvette

Frequent Racer
Oct 18, 2004
St Louis, MO
I have two 335's sitting in my garage I'm using for mockup on my Mustang build. If I'm in the garage this weekend I'll put them under the Bu and see how much would need to be done to get them to fit. I'll try to take pics if possible.

tubage

Frequent Racer
Dec 29, 2006
missouri
strengthtruth.com
There are two montes on here that come to mind. They both run 325s. One of them narrowed his rails and they are all the way under the car. The other one did a notch if I remember correctly and they are not underneath completely. I have measured and measured and I don't see a way to get it done correctly and completely without moving the factory rails. Chris

SkidmarkSS

Frequent Racer
Feb 23, 2008
Tampa.FL
87 Black MonteSS here,car has a Strange 9in with a 325/50/15 with room to spare.I bought the Comp.Engineering mild steel kit for the mini tub and notched the framerail about 1 full inch.Rear tire sits on a 15x10 6.5 in.backspace Pro Star.Laterall bars reinforce the framerails from the inside incuding an ARB.HOPE THIS HELPS.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts