TH350...reverse, no drive gears?

dev1360

Frequent Racer
Dec 22, 2006
East Alton, IL
My car ran fine, recently rebuilt TH350 shifts great, Transgo shift kit with the full manual option. I am backing it out of the shop (ran fine when I pulled in 30 min. earlier) and I put it in 1st and there is nothing. So I try 2 and 3..nothing. It has park and reverse. Thats it. The linkage is fine, the fluid is new and is not burnt, I am stumped. It was recently rebuilt. Like 2 months ago...any ideas? It was never slipping or clunking, or any abnormalities. It just quit.

A

Anonymous

Take it back to whoever rebuilt it and tell them to fix it.

dev1360

Frequent Racer
Dec 22, 2006
East Alton, IL
We are thinking that it is possibly something in the valvebody clogged. My buddy built it for me after it went to crap a few months ago. I don't know though, we will see when we pull it apart. I am just going to pull the motor and put the new heads on and look at the transmission while it's all out.

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Low reverse apply piston or seals, the one on the back/bottom of the case if I recall, takes a compressor to put in or get out(to hole it down to undo the snap ring).

Same tool for 700R

dev1360

Frequent Racer
Dec 22, 2006
East Alton, IL
Actually, what it ended up being was, for some reason, instantly lost pressure and fried the forward clutches instantly with no warning. :roll: #-o :x :lol:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts