th350 only going in reverse

cutthroatxxx

Aug 14, 2010
Ok so in my 83 monte I pulled it out of my shop tonight & went to pull up my driveway that take you to the main drive&about half way up to my house I guess 400 feet or so....nothing it wasnt moving@ all I went through all the gears&the only one that works is reverse.I checked my fluid&it was bone dry!I allways keep my fluids @ proper levels so I figured I had a leak.The car has been sitting for around a year since I put the new motor in besides once a month or so when I start her to check on her.I put her in my shop about two weeks ago&didnt notice any fluids on the floor so Im guessing it happend while she was outside.Now what I did was pour in about 7 qts,fired her up&jumped on the ground&saw just about all of the fluid on the ground.I backed her up&jacked the front end up&it appears the fluid is only coming out when shes running&it seems to be coming from atop of the bell housing.I cant see where up there so Im guessing its the trans seal.Now I know little about trannys so I would appreciate any help.I have no idea if anything else could possiblly be up there that could be leaking&if just the leak could be causing it to only go in reverse.If replacing something like the seal or anything is fine with me.Im sure with help from you guys&some google&reading I could do that.If I have to replace the transmission thats fine..just dont wanna pull it if I dont have to.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts