Suspension lean/sag, can't figure it out???

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
But that still wouldn't account for the height difference in the frame.

Phoneguy

Amateur Racer
Nov 18, 2009
Central fl
That's true. Mines only like a 1/4" high right behind the wheel. I'll take that on a 30+ year old mass produced car.

JBOND

Nov 13, 2012
Pearl,MS
MalibuRacing did you ever find out what cause the sag. I am going thru the samething now. I have replaced everthing on the front end besides the A arms. And I am sitting 1-2" Low on driver side....

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Unfortunately, no. My son is attending college, so the car has been sitting in the garage. I gave him my old Toyota Camry to drive while away at school. I crank the Malibu every now and then to make sure everything is OK. I haven't driven the car lately due to the annoying rubbing. Unfortunately, it is low on my priority list of things to fix. We may look at it this Summer since my son is home from school. I'm thinking frame damage or A-arm damage. The front clip was replaced before my Dad purchased the car years ago, so we really don't know the history. My Dad gave the car to my son, then we did the LSx and interior swap.

Let me know if you find out anything with your issue.

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
I had the same problem with my wagon. 1" lower on driver side. Never been in an accident, everything on the front is new. Tubular a arms,core support,springs,a/c delete etc...I put the car on digital wheel scales to see how he weight was distributed and sure enough the driver side was heavier in front and the right rear was light. My driverside rear tire was also wearing faster than the right. So we used a 1" rubber coil spacer at the top of the front driver side spring and it leveled it out (kinda like a roundly round car would do with jack bolts to adjust weight at diff corners of the car) now the tires are wearing more evenly. When I did the TRZ rack kit I actually had to remove the spacer because after removing the steering box(20ish lbs directly on the driver side) the driver side was higher by 3/4". Just a thought and some info from my experience.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,182

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Hmmmm... I relocated the battery to the driver side because of the harness design of the LS engine. I may try moving the battery to the passenger side to see if that helps. I have a friend that sets up roundy-round cars. He has scales, so I can check that out also.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts