rim width

dsellars

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2007
pryor ok
Anyone know what is the bigest size 15" rim and backspace u can put on a mailibu without any modifications I have all stock suspension on the rear

lurchsmalibu

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2005
Lakeland, Florida
Some ideas....

What size tire are you planning on running?
http://maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35753

A

Anonymous

I bought 15x8's with a 4.5" backspace and Mickey Thompson ET Streets 275/60/15 and the tires rubbed the entire frame (Especially at the the front). I tried a 5/16" spacer and the tire still hit the front part of the frame, so I doubled-up on the spacers and it just cleared the front of the frame with about 1/4" everywhere else. I didn't feel comfortable with using "So Much" spacer, so I bought 15x8's with a 3.5" backspace and kept the Mickey Thompson ET Streets. I now have anywhere from 1/2 -3/4" clearance all around. I hear 4" backspace is optimal, but not many wheels come in that backspace. If you run a smaller tire, the may fit, but if you want serious rubber out back you should go with a 3.5 or 4"bs and you'll have peace of mind. Good Luck.

lurchsmalibu

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2005
Lakeland, Florida
15X8 w/4" BS 275-60-15

It is very close to the frame (but no rubbing) and has rolled wheel well lips with stock rearend and suspension. You might get by without rolling the lips.
43630007.jpg

A

Anonymous

I was running 15x10 rims with 3.5" back spacing and a set of BFG 295/50/15's . I had to roll the fender lip to clear and noticed a little minor rubbing on the inside of the wheel well when entering not so smooth driveways. The fender lip also had minor rubbing in the driveways. I'm going to be doing a frame notch to get rid of this problem and maybe I can fit even BIGGER street tires under the rear.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts