Repairing malibu interior

mikeselky85

Amateur Racer
Jan 4, 2010
New Castle, Delaware
Ive started on the quest of repairing the interior panels in my girlfriends malibu. We have found her a perfect dash, great A-pillars and a new package tray. Pretty much all of the hard interior trim has some for of rot, even the lower door panels are pretty much starting to go. We managed to fiberglass the quarter windo panels, now the passanger one will need a little more reapir due to a peice that managed to break off. Next to do is start on some more of the trim peices and start on the sanding and painting. The process is very easy and my girlfriends been doing the repairs. I will post some pictures as the panels come along more.

party_guitar.gif :worthless:

Lets see em. It was always a pain when the parts dry rot. I've sanded them smooth, getting the rotted layer poff, and using textured paint then the SEM color to match.

Ryan_310

Amateur Racer
Nov 28, 2010
Billings, MT
Did you use actual sand paper or a gray scratch pad? I just did mine and use a plastic cleaner and gray scratch pad to clean them, sprayed plastic adheisive, and then SEM paint/dye to paint them and they look almost brand new except where some of the texture was worn off from use and deep scratches.

jsiler

Dragway Regular
Nov 6, 2009
Dayton, OH
I have the same problem with the rear plastic trim on my malibu. I dont know if you are interested but they are making those new aftermarket.I dont know how they fit yet,but that is my plan.You can find them at mikes montes

mikeselky85

Amateur Racer
Jan 4, 2010
New Castle, Delaware
well this is a cheap fix untill i get the chance to save money for the trim, this is my girlsfriends car and i am mostly concerened about my el camino then ill get around to gettin her some trims

jsiler

Dragway Regular
Nov 6, 2009
Dayton, OH
I understand about the fix,I cant afford to do anything to my car right now either.I have two young kids and the car has to take a back seat for now,just thought that I would offer you an option on replacements just in case,what you have done with yours looks great.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts