Malibu Bob Ezell

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
So many of you old timers, like myself now I guess LOL, will remember Malibu Bob. He's been around this board and a few others for longer than I have and I've changed my account on here at least once, but I've been coming here for over 20 years I believe.
Anyways, my Malibu doors have been getting very crusty on the bottom inside edge as they all do. Now I have a spot starting to come thru about 5" up and it's definitely a hole. There isn't enough of the bottom lip left to save, even though they don't look bad at all from the outside, minus the one hole that's down low.
That being said. Bob had listed a pair of doors for sale and they looked literally spotless. Issue is he's in Indianapolis and I'm in central NY. But what choice do I have for clean doors. There are ZERO around me as I've been keeping my eyes open for quite some time. Like over two years.
So I figured if bought them, I just have to take a day and drive out to get them. I know clean doors go quick so I immediately paid Bob for the doors and the door glass. Even though I knew it would be awhile, at least a couple of weeks before I could get them.
I've seen him around the forums and on FB enough and have heard other stories from people that have dealt with him, that I wasn't the least bit concerned about being scammed, or sold doors that didn't look as good as the pics he sent.
Fast forward about 3 weeks and I realized with hunting season here, fall, and some work trips, I just really didn't want to spend 10 hours one way to pick some doors up. Knowing that I would then have to turn right back around and drive 10 hours home. No way I can sit in a vehicle for 20 hours anymore. Which meant spending a night in a hotel, or sleeping in the truck, which I know won't be good foe my back.
Decided to get a quote from Uship.com and see if someone could do it for a reasonable price.
Guy bid $300, he would wrap them with moving blankets and strap them down. Picked up one day, I'd have them the next. I agreed and today was the day!
Holy crap are these things clean!!! Bob wasn't lying!
received_6483852435044382.jpeg

received_1294588801260625.jpeg

20231003_191345.jpg

20231003_191340.jpg

Long story short, @Malibubob was great with the entire process and sells awesome parts for a reasonable price. Uship worked great for me, cost me less than the gas and one night in a hotel would have, and that doesn't even include food.

Last edited:
Reactions: malibu795 and GP403

malibu795

Pro Stocker
Apr 17, 2005
spgfd ohio
Do you have them on yet? Lol

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts