Rear suspention help / advice

jms.racing

Amateur Racer
Sep 9, 2003
Conroe , Tx
I am buy no means a suspension guru Engines & Carbs are my area , anyway recently I got back into the G body seen . I got an 85 Monte its an LS/TH350 powered car . I have replaced all the front susp with new tubular lowers and new V6 springs and made sure it all moving freely, The rear of the car is set up with a 9 inch with adj coil overs and single adj shocks to match it has a set of adj uppers and some new double adj lowers ( with sway bar holes) . The tires are a 275/60/15 MT drag radial . When I first started launching the car it pulled to the right like crazy out of control so I did some measuring and the right bars where adj longer than the left . I corrected that and it made a big difference but now it kind of has that slight pull to the right then straightens out ( spins like crazy ) So I started playing with the shock adj and spring adj. Is this right or not it seem like the softer I make the right spring and shock the better it launches and if I make the left adj the other way it helps . The only draw back is it seems when I am driving normally the right rear seems spongy or soft. I tried removing the front sway bar for better weight transfer it seemed to transfer better but regular driving it was a nightmare tires rub car leaned way over so I put it back on with poly bushings and link helped even more. If i added a rear sway bar or anti roll bar will this help the hook up issue and could I then remove the front for better weight transfer , This car will mostly see some street seen and drag racing . Are my adj going the right way ?

BMR Sales

Frequent Racer
Nov 20, 2008
You might want to take a look at a Extreme duty rear sway bar which will help with your launch and reduce 60 ft. times....

Here is a short article that Car Craft hs in the July issue right now......

CarCraftDragChevelle.jpg

jms.racing

Amateur Racer
Sep 9, 2003
Conroe , Tx
BMR thanks for chiming in , out of over 120 people you are the only one to say anything hard to beleave a guy cant get no love LOL. Anyway I was already looking at your drag bar set up but I was wondering after the install would it be best to remove the front sway bar for weight transfer also in your opinion what would be the best front shocks , If you will advise me thru all the changes I have no problems purchasing your product. Thanks George @ JMS

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
jms.racing said:
I am buy no means a suspension guru Engines & Carbs are my area , anyway recently I got back into the G body seen . I got an 85 Monte its an LS/TH350 powered car . I have replaced all the front susp with new tubular lowers and new V6 springs and made sure it all moving freely, The rear of the car is set up with a 9 inch with adj coil overs and single adj shocks to match it has a set of adj uppers and some new double adj lowers ( with sway bar holes) . The tires are a 275/60/15 MT drag radial . When I first started launching the car it pulled to the right like crazy out of control so I did some measuring and the right bars where adj longer than the left . I corrected that and it made a big difference but now it kind of has that slight pull to the right then straightens out ( spins like crazy ) So I started playing with the shock adj and spring adj. Is this right or not it seem like the softer I make the right spring and shock the better it launches and if I make the left adj the other way it helps . The only draw back is it seems when I am driving normally the right rear seems spongy or soft. I tried removing the front sway bar for better weight transfer it seemed to transfer better but regular driving it was a nightmare tires rub car leaned way over so I put it back on with poly bushings and link helped even more. If i added a rear sway bar or anti roll bar will this help the hook up issue and could I then remove the front for better weight transfer , This car will mostly see some street seen and drag racing . Are my adj going the right way ?

Have you run the car lately? Did you add a drag bar?

On the 9" do you have any provision for changing lower arm angle?

ramey

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts