Quarter window felt length.

Wile E

Dragway Regular
Aug 11, 2003
Central WISC
Went to install the new quarter window felts I bought from Dixie Monte Carlo, they seem to be about 3/4" too-long. Looks as thought I may have to trim them to make them fit, no biggee, just checking to see if anybody has their old ones out and can measure them for me so I can double check before I cut these up. Must have tossed my old ones. Anybody else have this problem? No brand name visible but the door felts look to be from the same manufacture, "PRP" Precision Replacement Parts, the part # on the qtr window felts are SP101F.
Thanks.

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Wll if nothing else i'm glad to find out Dixie MC isn't using Re-Pops Fuzzies as them things are junk!! The only thing even close are the quarter window lower strips and they're totally not made right,a bit to long but the chrome strip isn't far enough from the window to line up properly with the door trim if that were even close to what was needed to fit!! WARNING!!! Unless Fuzzies haVe drastically changed,STAY AWAY from them!! KillerDave

Wile E

Dragway Regular
Aug 11, 2003
Central WISC
These do look like quality pieces, OEM or better. Thats one reason why I'm hesitant to cut them if I'm just missing part of the picture. They match the fronts very well, both have the same proper round bead. I've test fitted them and once they are trimmed to the proper length, they should fit like OEM and the mounting holes will line up. I'll try to get some pics up once I'm done.

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
I have the original drivers side that I could measure for you. I bought a set from NPD, that are Repops and like killerdave said, they just aint right. I'd be insterested in seeing a pic of yours to see if they are more like the original than what I have.

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Yea I'd like to see a pic too!!!

Wile E

Dragway Regular
Aug 11, 2003
Central WISC
Overall length is about 27-1/2", Other than being about 3/4" too-long, they are nice quality.
felts032.jpg

felts030.jpg

felts029.jpg

mfelts002.jpg

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
I measured the original one that I have. The chrome bead is 27 1/4" long. On the front the rubber up to the chrome bead is cut out about 1/4" to clear the b-pillar, and in the rear the rubber is cut about 3/4", which clears that plastic quarter window trim. As soon as my wife gets home I will post up some pictures comparing the old to the new

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
That looks almost the same as the Fuzzie stuff I have,the weatherstrip isn't wide enough so the chrome bead won't line up with the chrome bead on the door,in my case though the door wiper is so far out of whack I can't even use it,or maybe I don't even have it in my kit,no recouse though as I bought it from OPG maybe 5 or 6 years before I even looked at it,and since we're there
I ordered a door/hood/trunk bumper kit from OPG and the trunk lid bumpers weren't even close,which is what I really needed,so
I called and got Customer Service,talked to this kid (I could almost hear the snot running out of his nose) telling me about the Experts at OPG and that my parts couldn't be wrong!! Pissed me off!! Anyway they may be OK on early stuff but G-bodys I don't
think so,my self I'l probably never call OPG again! But that's just me!! KillerDave

Wile E

Dragway Regular
Aug 11, 2003
Central WISC
Killerdave8813 said:
That looks almost the same as the Fuzzie stuff I have,the weatherstrip isn't wide enough so the chrome bead won't line up with the chrome bead on the door,in my case though the door wiper is so far out of whack I can't even use it,or maybe I don't even have it in my kit,no recouse though as I bought it from OPG maybe 5 or 6 years before I even looked at it,and since we're there
I ordered a door/hood/trunk bumper kit from OPG and the trunk lid bumpers weren't even close,which is what I really needed,so
I called and got Customer Service,talked to this kid (I could almost hear the snot running out of his nose) telling me about the Experts at OPG and that my parts couldn't be wrong!! ###### me off!! Anyway they may be OK on early stuff but G-bodys I don't
think so,my self I'l probably never call OPG again! But that's just me!! KillerDave
Yep..now I see what you mean, the weather strip should be at least 3/8" or so wider to move the bead outward to match the door bead.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts