Prochargers are Better....

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
Will Stevenson's F3 Procharger car has been putting a hurt on alot of the nitrous and turbo cars down here lately. Best run at over 3400 pounds is a 7.51 @ 191 on stock suspension and 315 radial tires.

DeltaT

Dragway Regular
Oct 28, 2003
Nor Cal
I like the Procharger or Vortech on a pretty hot motor. It's a great combo, sort of a Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde split personality thing. I have enough traction problems under 4 grand anyway that I couldn't use much earlier of a hit, like from twins.

Plus I like how you can still get reasonable access to the motor. All the twins in Malibus I've seen have really tight quarters in the engine compartment.

And if you want some more low/midrange, add a little squeeze.

Just my preference. They're all fun! I respect all of them except on trailer queens.

Jim

chris406

Amateur Racer
Jul 20, 2005
I have a turbo I like them better. But regardless the choice, what I like about all power adders is that you can do more with less. I was making around 1000rwhp last season with out of the box Dart Iron eagle heads. It's fun to laugh at all the guys on speedtalk who spend thousands on intakes and have 6,000 heads only to fall 300hp short of my street car.

A

Anonymous

chris406 said:
I have a turbo I like them better. But regardless the choice, what I like about all power adders is that you can do more with less. I was making around 1000rwhp last season with out of the box Dart Iron eagle heads. It's fun to laugh at all the guys on speedtalk who spend thousands on intakes and have 6,000 heads only to fall 300hp short of my street car.

and NOS

deuce_454

Amateur Racer
Jul 21, 2007
Copenhagen, Denmark
for the same amount of boost a turbo motor will put out more Hp as it doesnt rob power to run a turbo.. i mean a 12 rib belt will easily transfer 100 Hp... and if you need a cogged belt.. guess how much power your procharger robs.. power that could propell ypu down the track..

the reason turbo cars dont rule every class is that they are either outlawed or restrictions are put on the intake size..

ill mention the BMW formula one engine here in 1989 it was a production bmw 2002 block and head they ran in f1.. the engine was 91.5 cubic inch or 1.5L and it put out 1200 Hp in qualifying trim... thats 800 Hp per litre.. ! on a 454 cui small or big block chevy that equates to almost 6000 Hp ... try that with a belt driven blower

just take a liook at the tempest Nelson racing engines has for sale... 3000 Hp, 7 seconds flat on the quarter and it idles at 800 rpm and is docile enough to drive thru trafik...

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
I am not taking sides but
nitrous is making a comeback ....I have been racing and or been around racing for 20+ years and its always a seesaw between poweradders
as to who is the fastest...and with resurgence of outlaw 8th mile in the last few years the playing grounds are more even.......
Fastest drag radial car is 4.84,Procharger Reese
Fastest drag radal car is 4.91,nitrous Perez
in quarter mile 7.40-7.60 Wolf/Perez again

not a huge difference in ET's and IMO in competition
the fastest car pretty much never wins its the most consistant

In 10.5 Lynch is the fastest on the planet but looses his share of 8th mile races just like all of us.....

Luck,Tuning and consistancy get the job done

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
Both can be fast.

ProCharger is for more of the bolt on types.
It is a simple system and uses regular headers.

A turbo will require more mods, header, plumbing, etc....
I perfer the turbos, great power and they can idle when not needed.
Chrager aways spins, it is rpm dependant.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts