out of the hole

js77chevy

Daily Driver
Feb 24, 2008
brewton, alabama
When I leave the line my car doesn't squat much at all. It also doesn't try to pick up the front end. Running bbc with glide. ran a 6.73 and a 1.53 60 ft. Have a anti roll bar and moroso springs and comp. shocks, adjustable uppers on a 9 nine inch. My question is do you think I have the roll bar adjusted wrong? Do the springs and roll bar not work together. Thanks for any input.

madmoose63

Frequent Racer
Apr 20, 2008
Bryan,Ohio
Have you video taped the launch?.....is the body and rear tire seperating?.....if it is it is drilling the rear tires in the ground...I race a 78 nova with a 385 chevy and turbo 350...it will have 4 to 6" of tire to body seperation....my 60' are 1.5's on mickey t drag radials....imo

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
The rear suspension shouldn't really separate or squat. My car the rear barely moves much at all.

I suspect your problems may lie in the front end setup.

The front end needs to sit low with the coils compressed a good amount. With stock A-arms, choose a spring which will compress to where the lower A-arm bump stop is about 1/2" to 3/4" from the bottom of the frame. Any more and you'll lose precious stored energy in the spring to lift the front end. Lower A-arms should look level with the ground at ride height.

Also, try not to cut coils. Use a coil that is real tall with a lighter spring rate. With my bbc, I use the 250 #/in Moroso trick spring with good success.

kasper69

Amateur Racer
Jul 31, 2003
Romeoville , IL
What gear and converter is in the car? The only reason im asking just help a freind with a bbc monte carlo with same problem and the car was under geared and needed a bigger converter with the cam it's got. Basicly it cant pull it self out of the gates. Now it need to adjust the suspention to keep it off the bumper.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts