No headlights or dash lights

A

Anonymous

I have an electrical problem, the headlights don't work...all the rest of the lights taillights work as well as the parking lights.

Also the dash lights don't work.

I checked the fusses they look ok.

Should I check the grounds, or the fusable links?

Trickbu

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
A

Anonymous

HEADLIGHT SWITCH

Ok, will check that, I guess those things can go bad too!

Trickbu

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
it may just be the ground at the switch...otherwise i agree with the others the switch is most likely the culprit

A

Anonymous

Well, looks like the switch may be ok, I managed to track down the culpret for the dash lights....it was a matter of whiteish corrosion on the fuses. So I cleaned that up and now the dash lights work.

I see the fuse box has some corrosion so it looks as it it may have been wet at some point in it's life. So I tried to pull out those round dealies in the fuse box, you guessed it they have corrosion on them too, in fact one of the prongs broke off, so I am going to the auto parts store to get a replacement. That may solve the headlights....

There is also a rectangular deal in there too that won't come loose anybody know what that thingee is?

Trickbu

82elcamino

Dragway Regular
Oct 22, 2003
Orlando, Florida
well. after reading this post. your answers were right for my problem. Thanks guys!

=)

HL Switch!

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
The round dealies :lol: are the flashers. Now your blinkers will work :roflback: Far as the headlights I would first use a voltmeter after finding out which terminal is for the headlights, and if that's ok, I'd run a +12v line to the wire for the headlights verifying the wiring is ok there.

A

Anonymous

Update...so I thought I had the instrument cluster lights working since the bulb was on in the radio & headlite switch thingie. Well at night I found out the instrument cluster was still not lit. So I turn the knob on the headlight switch back and forth a few times, hey the cluster lights came on! So I figure while i'm lucky...I would try the stalk switch for the brights to see if they would light, well after a couple of tries I had headlites!! Brights too!! Weird but that's what happened!

Trickbu

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts