New guy 79 factory 4 speed wagon.

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
No updates lately. Been helping my brother get some jobs done, my dad bought a charger to flip and we didn’t quite a bit of work on it: rack and pinion, oil cooler, away bar bushings, and brakes, then my mom had to have surgery on her eye due to a detached retina. Been slow the last few weeks.

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Speedo is just about finished up. I’m just going with a 22 tooth gear and got my new bullet fitting delivered. I was going through my brothers storage unit and found all of the battery cables and ground wires out of a BMW. I asked him what it was for and he laughed and said he got them from a local junk yard a few years ago on half off day. The staff was super pissed and made him show them the car that he took it all off of. Sure enough the battery was mounted in the truck and they finally honored their price. It’s all in good shape and no corrosion anywhere so I think Ill just use some of it to make new grounds.
IMG_8497.jpeg

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
I actually did a google search last night and found a ton of wiring diagrams on this website that were super helpful. I was mostly looking at the ignition switch stuff and trying to clean stuff up under the hood. The diagrams even had the yellow wire label (manual trans) for the clutch switch. One thing I did notice, I’ll have to see if I can find them again, one diagram said something like: wagon (model a). Then a separate diagram for wagon (model b). Any idea what that’s referring to out of curiosity? I’ll have to look again and try to find it

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Here’s the first one that caught my eye. As I was searching for this diagram I noticed model a and model b labeled on a number of diagrams
IMG_8502.png

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts