Need help with fuel system for EFI

Bratly51

Dragway Regular
Dec 3, 2003
Joliet, IL
I need to know what everyone that has kept their motor EFI what they are running for a fuel system.

Killermalibu

May 29, 2003
Litchfield NH
www.instagram.com
nicest setup I have seen for the money is an aeromotive system from summit with an A1000 pump

A

Anonymous

I'm using speartech modified harness and ecm wit a walbro pump. vent used as return line with the restrictor in the pickup drilled out. everything else is stock

A

Anonymous

if you want to run stock parts, a fuel pump from a 95 chevy 1500 with a 350 has the correct flow and pressure for the application, fits perfectly into a stock injected hanger too.

if you plan on modding the engine go with the aeromotive setup.

malibuplotter

Dragway Regular
Apr 11, 2005
layton utah
will a efi hanger fit in a non efi tank? i know the tanks are baffled different i''m just curious about the hanger part, i'm using an msd inline pump and it's really noisy i'd prefer something in tank i think.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
buhack said:
if you want to run stock parts, a fuel pump from a 95 chevy 1500 with a 350 has the correct flow and pressure for the application, fits perfectly into a stock injected hanger too.

Really? I thought TBI motors ran at less than 20psi, with the Vortec, TPI, etc. motors running >45psi?

A

Anonymous

Doober said:
buhack said:

Really? I thought TBI motors ran at less than 20psi, with the Vortec, TPI, etc. motors running >45psi?

the psi and gph was within the same range as the 5.3 pump, it didn't match exactly...i'll check the specs at work today and post them...

A

Anonymous

i goofed up......the pump fits 89-00 chevy 6 cyl and v8's....not sure of the actual application, i'll keep searching and post here later...

but the part # i used is Airtex E3270 or Delphi Fe0114

50 -60 gph and 80-90 psi shutoff

stock pumps for the 5.3 is E3510m(module pump with sender attached)

30-35 gph and 85-100 psi shutoff

sorry about the confusion, i had purchased one for the 95 model truck, but swapped it for this one i found in the catalog.

A

Anonymous

Doober said:
That's cool ;) I thought you might've meant '96+, those pumps are higher pressure for the SFI setups in the Vortec engines.

yep, checked today...i was off by one year, it's a 96 model pump, i bought parts for a 95 also that day so that's what showed on the receipt...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts