My methenol swap progress (Videos inside page 3)

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
Re: My methenol swap progress

Mine sounds completely different on methanol. I think it tricks the engine into thinking it has more compression than it really does. :D

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas

i was wondering if anything like that was going to be different lee. is your idle set about the same as with the gas? I built my Lowe's lean out valve today too, way cheaper.

Night Stalker

Dragway Regular
Nov 3, 2009
Genoa,Oh

Set your idle the same as you would your gas carb.

Side Note: Make sure your throttle return springs are nice and tight, as this will add in snapping the throttle blades shut faster.

Lee is also correct in how alcohol will make a lower compression motor sound different as it will raise the static compression up as much as 2 points. ;)

78purplebu

Amateur Racer
Nov 22, 2010
lewes, delaware

give us update on track performance. before alky/after.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY

Cant wait to hear the news! Good luck!

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas

Ok, here are the results. There are a few things I need to change and a lil tuning is in order I believe but here it goes....

Previous times on gasoline were 7.40s - 7.30s 1/8 mile @ 92 MPH with best case senario 1.67 short times. Mostly 1.69 - 1.70 short times

Now with Alky tonight were 7.32 - 7.29 @ 94 MPH with 1.61 - 1.59 short times

Im impressed with the torque A LOT. I am a lil disappointed with the ETs but like I said, maybe a jet change is in order as my water temps only gained 4 degrees from burnout to finish line. For now, i will have the enter the races this weekend without making changes and hope for the best but I will be working on it after that. All in all I am happy with the change, I can tell it will be more consistant then it was before.

454RAT

Pro Stocker
Mar 19, 2004
Summerville, SC

maybe you could try more timing?

Night Stalker

Dragway Regular
Nov 3, 2009
Genoa,Oh

Malibu355 said:
Im impressed with the torque A LOT. I am a lil disappointed with the ETs but like I said, maybe a jet change is in order as my water temps only gained 4 degrees from burnout to finish line. For now, i will have the enter the races this weekend without making changes and hope for the best but I will be working on it after that. All in all I am happy with the change, I can tell it will be more consistant then it was before.

Throw 4* of timing at it.. don't make little change's.. With it only gaining 4* in temp the carb is too FAT/RICH and may need a jet change to lean it out..

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts