my build...5.3/t56 into a regal...

Killermalibu

May 29, 2003
Litchfield NH
www.instagram.com
Nicely done! I've never seen anyone lift the engine before like you did though. Is that Necessary for an LSX swap? I thought you could buy the engine mounts to adapt to the old style frame mounts and with the right oil pan it would just slide right in and sit perfect.

A

Anonymous

you can buy the adapters now....but a year ago they were too expensive so i made my own...the car oil pan is shallower but has a longer sump....i just used what i had to keep the cost down. the only other problem with the swap is the truck manifold and accessory drive sit higher...if i had swapped to the car stuff i wouldn't have had to cut the hood support, but might have run into interference somewheere else....

A

Anonymous

stroker81 said:
Nice! and from MO, too.

yep... i started out in southern mo....lived in springfield and parts south of there and my wife is from west plains.

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
A few questions...

Figure a 2" cowl would clear the intake w/o cutting anything?

I assume you used the OE harness and can you tell us did you eliminate anything like rear O2 sensors, etc?

#8 clear the A/C box OK?

Town car xmem...92+ I assume?

Have you gotten a "seat-o-the pants meter" feeling on performance?

I ask because I have found a 2000 5.3 pullout, eng/trans (40K), harness and PCM for $500...friend of a friend deal.

A

Anonymous

Ribbedroof said:
A few questions...

Figure a 2" cowl would clear the intake w/o cutting anything?

I assume you used the OE harness and can you tell us did you eliminate anything like rear O2 sensors, etc?

#8 clear the A/C box OK?

Town car xmem...92+ I assume?

Have you gotten a "seat-o-the pants meter" feeling on performance?

I ask because I have found a 2000 5.3 pullout, eng/trans (40K), harness and PCM for $500...friend of a friend deal.

cowl will fit with the mods i have done....just eliminate the vapor purge valve on the top of the intake..

rear o2 can be deleted by hptuner setup and reprogramming....i still haven't finished all the wiring, but it is a 2 wire hookup if you have the fusebox. also have whovever does the tune eliminate the antitheft so it will start.

number 6 is great...if you are limber you can reach #8 from the top(it's a lot easier than a stock buick v6), but you may prefer my mod...

HPIM1472.jpg

xmember is a 92 if i remember correctly....

i'm going to run the g-tech this weekend, but i've put a length on a 12.8 second car from 30 mph to 110...

and if you don't buy the motor for $500, i'll kick you in the jimmy....hard.

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
buhack said:
and if you don't buy the motor for $500, i'll kick you in the jimmy....hard.

Hey now...I haven't seen this thing yet, been out for a couple of years, so don't get that leg warmed up just yet :lol:

Thanks for the info!

A

Anonymous

i've got complete wiring diagrams and my car to take measurement from if you need anything....let me know....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts