Meltus Plugwirus

80superbu

Pro Stocker
Oct 2, 2005
Colorado springs, CO
I have those Boot protectors on my BBC with 2241's. I can't attest to how they work yet though. Waiting to fire it up. The boots are close to the headers though

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
1981Regal said:
Those are for exhaust manifolds but might work with headers.

That's absolutely correct. I should have had said we had them on the tow vehicle with headers. Even so, manifolds expose the plug boots to a LOT more hot surface area than headers...

Tommy

Doug Keen

Pro Stocker
May 22, 2003
Central, Illinois
RATFINK!!! said:
I fired the car up for the first time and everything looks and sounds great. I do have one small issue. I'm running the 2241 Hooker Super Comp Headers, and the number 3 plug wire is right next to the header tube. Not touching, but close enough to melt the plug wire boot. I have 115 degree boots and short of wrapping the header tube I don't see a remedy. Am I wrong in thinking that there are shorter spark plugs? What are you guys doing to handle this issue?

TIA, Don

You need to use 135 degree boots on the wires. Never a problem with the 2241 headers using either Taylor or MSD "multi angle"

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
I have 2241's and MSD Multi-Angle wires with no protectors. Been on there for 4 seasons with no issues. They're really not even close to the header.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Most of you guys run your wires up and over the valve covers. Would you have less of an issue with the header tubes if you ran the wires down as was done originally?

There was a similar discussion some time ago and I know at least 1 person was going to change. I have always run my wires down.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
t5montecarlo said:
Most of you guys run your wires up and over the valve covers. Would you have less of an issue with the header tubes if you ran the wires down as was done originally?

GM ran them over the covers on Big Blocks. Only Small Block plug wires run under from the factory.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts