Mark VIII fan install

383S10

Frequent Racer
Feb 29, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Great stuff man.....I have 3 of these fans for my cars. My electrician at work is going to build me a version of your module using your diagrams.......I just need to know where you got the led light from & can you tell tell how mount the fan using the radiator top plate like you did? That part is a very clean installation that I like.....thank again.......

85_SS

Dragway Regular
Aug 13, 2004
www.cardomain.com
Thanks, glad to see it will be of use to others - if you would like clearer full size images PM me your email address and I can send them to you. Any electronics shop should have the LED - they are referred to as "RGB LED's". As for the fan, it's actually not mounted to the upper rad support at all (it's strictly holding the rad in place). Note that you will have to notch the bottom of the shroud for the fan to sit lower.

There are two allen head bolts at the top that are bolted to the top brace of the rad itself (use spacers so you don't crush the shroud). At the bottom, I used two factory holes and installed a nut/bolt to act as a stud - this pokes through two holes in the lower portion of the shroud where I secured it with two nuts. You can see the two upper allen head bolts and one of the lower bolts if you look close in this pic:

100_2370jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts