Amateur Racer
Jul 21, 2007
Copenhagen, Denmark
sbc G-body headers....

El Corvino

Pro Stocker
Dec 15, 2007
South Florida
Wait a tick... Don't they need to be LT1 specific? Aren't there little sensors that plug into them or something like that?

- Mike

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com

El Corvino

Pro Stocker
Dec 15, 2007
South Florida
Sorry that I probably sound like a moron (I don't know much about this stuff) but my mechanic told me to get him some long tube headers for the LT1 that will fit the G-body and something about bungs? or some sort of sensor that may have to be attached?

Thats what all the headers you posted above are for. My question is, I put the best of the best performance parts on my 383 and want it to breathe best as possible. (don't we all)

I see that they have Primary Tube Diameter's of 1.5", 1 5/8", and people sell custom 2" with a Collector Diameter of 4". What to do?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I'd get a thicker flange, this will help keep the flange itself from warping with heat, keeping a better seal on the heads. I have a pair of Hooker Comps on the '81, had to replace the old ones because they wouldn't clear the mechanical clutch linkage. The bungs he was talking about are the bungs for the O2 sensors. You can have these put on if the headers you buy don't have them. you can spend from $120ish on up, all depends on what you need. I don't know too much on the science of headers, but the most common seems to be a 1 5/8" primary with a 3" collector. That's what mine are on an almost stock 305, and it seemed to run fairly well, pulled low 20s mpg on the expressway with a 3-speed stick & 2.29s.

Deuce4935

Frequent Racer
Nov 19, 2007
Chicago, Il
Go to Summit and put in your vehicle year make andmodeland will tell you exactly which ones you can run. You dont need an lt1 specific header, I have a set on my malibu with a 96' lt1.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!