LS malibu wagon

bigmandengo

Weekend Racer
Apr 22, 2010
madison, wi
Has anyone done this swap yet? I know lots have done the g-body ls swap, but havent seen any wagons. The swap is the same, but the fuel tank is different. Looking for a solution for the fuel system as these werent offered with the efi tank. An intank pump would be preferred.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
If you want an in tank pump setup your going to have to fabricate sometgin. Like a new tank or at least a hanger setup and baffle....

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
Do wagons and El Caminos use the same fuel tank? I never really thought about wagons never having an EFI tank :(

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Nope different tank for an Elco and a wagon...

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
no need to sump the tank, just run an external pump and it is fine...but....keep it above 1/4 tank to be safe on the 1/4 mile runs! Been running mine 3 years, with nitrous and turbo..no issues.

vickysbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2011
Low End
Just a thought, but maybe hit a jy and try to find a later model Caprice, Olds, or Roadmaster wagon and do some measuring, I know those gas tanks filled from the side. Also may want to look at a Celebrity or Cutlass Ciera wagon.

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
Tony_SS said:
455_82malibu said:
no need to sump the tank, just run an external pump and it is fine...but....keep it above 1/4 tank to be safe on the 1/4 mile runs! Been running mine 3 years, with nitrous and turbo..no issues.

Well that makes things a lot easier for an LS swap.
Yes it does...and I even put a small inline fuel filter before the pump and it draws fine.

the only thing Im going to do this year is run the stock pickup in the tank to the rear of the tank, right now in stock form it draws from the center of the tank.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts