Line lock ????

malibuj

Dragway Regular
May 6, 2007
Lancaster PA
Do they go bad over time?????
I have one new in the box (its a tci roll stop)
Had it for 8 years......
Just put it on the car last week.....
And when I press the brakes, Then hit the button.....
I can hear it make a klick......
But you can still spin the fronts buy hand..... ](*,) #-o
Any help on this one??????

Malibuwagon80

Dragway Regular
Aug 8, 2007
North Jersey
I'm gonna take it for granted the front brakes work fine and you have the line lock plumbed correctly? Some times you have to pump the pedal up!! Pump the brake pedal hard a couple times and kinda set you're foot into it then hit the line lock! You are holding the button in while trying to hold car? Also if you're running slicks or other sticky tires are you getting them wet? I'm not trying to be a smart a#%^& or anything but sometimes with large tires it will push the car with the front tires slipping along locked!. Hope this helps, Tom

malibuj

Dragway Regular
May 6, 2007
Lancaster PA
Malibuwagon80 said:
I'm gonna take it for granted the front brakes work fine and you have the line lock plumbed correctly? Some times you have to pump the pedal up!! Pump the brake pedal hard a couple times and kinda set you're foot into it then hit the line lock! You are holding the button in while trying to hold car? Also if you're running slicks or other sticky tires are you getting them wet? I'm not trying to be a smart a#%^& or anything but sometimes with large tires it will push the car with the front tires slipping along locked!. Hope this helps, Tom

Tom thanks for the reply....
All the brakes work fine...
I had pumped the brakes up and stood on them......
I am not holding the button tho..... #-o I thought the button was a push for on then a push for off.......
Im running et streets.....But this is only on my garage floor...And the fronts still don't hold ](*,)
What could be wrong........
I will try to hold the button 2 marrow......
Thanks

tiedyemike8

Frequent Racer
Oct 28, 2009
Naperville, IL
Generally people use momentary switches for their line lock. Trans brake too, for that matter. I am positive that all the switches that come on B&M and Hurst shifter knobs are momentary.

Malibuwagon80

Dragway Regular
Aug 8, 2007
North Jersey
malibuj said:
Malibuwagon80 said:

Tom thanks for the reply....
All the brakes work fine...
I had pumped the brakes up and stood on them......
I am not holding the button tho..... #-o I thought the button was a push for on then a push for off.......
Im running et streets.....But this is only on my garage floor...And the fronts still don't hold ](*,)
What could be wrong........
I will try to hold the button 2 marrow......
Thanks
I'm sure it'll be ok. When doing a burnout keep the button in, get the tires spinning good, count to 5 an release and LAUNCH!!!!! Have fun Tom

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts