Gthom

Daily Driver
Mar 2, 2013
Thank you for ur help guys.. I will get the can card and post the specs

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
Interesting post,new to drag racing my Malibu,last time I ran it was a 1989 Camaro with a 305 tbi/auto in 1989 ! So Ed you are saying do a primary burnout in bleach box,then a secondary burnout just after? And your staging rpm makes sense also,On my first run I was so nervous I let it idle til green then floored, was my best time ..on 2nd & 3rd run tached it up to 2k then launched and went slower,Thanks for the advice guys.I flash to 3600rpm.

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
rsh4364 said:
Interesting post,new to drag racing my Malibu,last time I ran it was a 1989 Camaro with a 305 tbi/auto in 1989 ! So Ed you are saying do a primary burnout in bleach box,then a secondary burnout just after? And your staging rpm makes sense also,On my first run I was so nervous I let it idle til green then floored, was my best time ..on 2nd & 3rd run tached it up to 2k then launched and went slower,Thanks for the advice guys.I flash to 3600rpm.
No not 2 burnouts. When your in the water just stab the throttle enough to spin the tires a little to wet the tires good, roll out of the water then do the burn out.

Malibuwagon80

Dragway Regular
Aug 8, 2007
North Jersey
Ed Cannon said:
rsh4364 said:
No not 2 burnouts. When your in the water just stab the throttle enough to spin the tires a little to wet the tires good, roll out of the water then do the burn out.
Like said above, I've seen many racers do they're burnouts in a pool of water!! The water therefore gets all over the inside of the wheelwell. So while you're sitting at the tree it's dripping on the tires!

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
I don't like the idea of spinning the tires in the water box. This will splash water in the wheel well which can run and drip down in front of the tires when sitting at the starting line. I simply roll through the water and stop a few feet past.

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
Thanks,I did the burnout right,but launched at wrong rpm.I also was running to much tire press.Might get her out one more time as Milan Mich. track runs into Nov.( weather permitting)..Welcome and goodluck gthom One more ?,how did you determine he was slipping on launch by 60 times?my 60 times were also 1.7-1.8s and Im running a lot less motor.

Gthom

Daily Driver
Mar 2, 2013
I did the launching technics stated above it felt like it launched a lot harder this way but it spin again! Still pulled a 1.78 60ft and 11.78 at 118mph but I need to find a way to hook up better any suggestions?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts