Hotrod to Hell's Truck Arm Suspension

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Re: Hotrod to ####'s Truck Arm Suspension

Hey Norm,
Well I finally found that mag,turned out to be a Super Chevy,April 2004,can't believe it's been that long but it has,anyway the main driving impression of the truck arm car was that due to minimum body roll after coming around the cone on the slalom when you gas it it grips,they did however spin it a couple of times,they recorder .81g's on a 200' skid pad and 44.1mph on a 420' slalom,by the way it was a 66
Malibu,no cage but I'm shure a convertlble frame eith extra reinforcement as they do that stuff and their fabricated front suspension,cool car none the less,the Hotchkiss car is a tech article,
basic 64 Malibu convertable,basic front rebuild with heavy springs , sway bar & shocks,Hotchkiss rear control arms,springs,sway bar & shocks,so you're probably right about them just limiting the siuspension to the range where it works,no drinving impression but before and after numbers were: 420' slalom 38.7mph vs 43.5,200' skidpad .57g's vs .82,seems to me for a street car to be quite an improvement but I imagine in competition you'd find the limits of that set up pretty quick,I got to thinking If I had a lot of time & money to play with there's an outfit called DCA Racefab advertising fabricated metric chassis,2 X 4 tube,really cool looking,no mounts though as it's a stock car frame,they say they'll do custom modifications,truck arm rear suspension,although pricy Global West front arms,Delalum bushings set up for tall spindles for negative camber gain in turns and a full Nascar cage minus the massive door bars,splined anti sway bars and a close ratio box,stuff it full of about 800hp of blown & injected small block,Tranzilla T-56 and about a 3:50 rear gear and it would rock! But dreams are cheap and stuff like the is not,come on lottery!!! One more thing and I'll quit,just for S & G i got on HTH's website last night and they had something new,the Chevelle from guess where? It looks like a high speed Monster! Worth taking a look,Later KillerDave

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts