greg weld wheel fitment info

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
well glad to hear your moving foreward with the ride i sent my wheels back simply because i didnt know if i would have liked the look of the new center caps , i bought the summit style ones simply because no problems fitting and they look just as nice except for the plain center caps as far as denting the dust cap which i may have mentioned [ dont remember ] with thought when the hub and dust cap spins it will rub on the spindle shaft potentially rubbing through or making noise then what do you get more b/s well good luck and when you get the new caps post a pic if possible curios to see how they look

WIKD 81

Frequent Racer
Jan 13, 2008
NIAGARA FALLS, CANADA
TOMS78BU said:
thanks for the .02, but i like them. they kinda remind me of the old pro star xp's. i wanted billet specialties, but everyone got a set before i did, plus they are more expensive. i've always liked the pro stars on malibus, so i think these will look ok. btw, the pro stars and draglites are just as expensive as the billet specialties now. that's crazy to me. :shock:
Hey Tom , just in case you were wondering on my way home from Pinks at Norwalk I stopped at Summit and asked why there Prostars are $60.00 ea. more than Jegs, they said that is the new pricing but they will still price match as long as someone advertises lower.I got the 15x3.75 for $139.99, not sure how long they will sell at this price, just wanted to let ya know if you decided to go that direction. ;)
Ralph.

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
thanks for the tip ralph. i bet the 15x10 are higher though. i am gonna run the greg welds all the way around. i have never seen them on a malibu, so i dont know if the look is all off or not, but i think they are a good looking wheel, and usually a nice looking wheel will look good on anything you put it on. we shall see soon enough. i spoke to mike at greg weld about some of the flaws in the hidden areas of my spokes, and he said that they were aware of that, and those wheels should never have gotten out to the public. since it is not very noticeable, i kept them. this is supposed to be an issue that is resolved. it will probably be another month or two before i order the fronts, by then they should have the new caps available. i like the caps they have now, too bad they wont fit.

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
for any who are interested, greg weld wheels says that the new centers are through the development stage and are approved for production. they should be available around the end of august and will look the same as the current centers, just a little taller. they should be a no cost option when ordering the wheels and should be available through any of their distributors. maybe by then i will have enough money to buy my fronts. now if i could just get the chassis shop to start on the rear suspension/frame mods, i might be able to fit the ones i bought for the rear of the car! #-o

KAB

Amateur Racer
Nov 30, 2005
jersey
the dust cap thing doesn't work , they don't even fit without the dust cap on , still hits the spindle
no biggie i'll wait for the new caps
i have the back wheels now , gonna try them on tonight

deffinetly split descission , some people hate the small spokes , most like them
i like 'em .....lol

i went with a 4.5 bs on the rears , i think i'm going to have to use a spacer and notch the back of the rail for them to fit

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
do you have the stock width rear? my 15x8 draglites fit my 79 with 4.5 bs, but barely, and i had a smaller tire on them back then. i bought 15x10 with 5.5 b.s. per my chassis guy's recommendation, but now he can't get my car in. so i have new wheels and tires that won't fit my car. i am playing the waiting game. i am gonna give it about another month, then if he can't do it, i will see if someone else will. i didn't know it would be so hard to get someone to do the work. kinda makes me wish i had gone a different route. maybe in a month or so he can do it, and it will be worth the wait. [-o< btw, i really like these wheels, but they look much better with the centers, imo. post some pics when you get yours on.

KAB

Amateur Racer
Nov 30, 2005
jersey
yeah stock length 8.5 with 255 mt drag radial
i think the 255's might fit , but i'm going to put a 275/60 on soon
i should have some pics tomorrow

KAB

Amateur Racer
Nov 30, 2005
jersey
btw , i weighed them the rear were less than 1/2 pound heavier than the pro stars
the pro stars did not have the center caps in
fronts were a little more than a pound heavier , again the pro stars did not have the center caps

KAB

Amateur Racer
Nov 30, 2005
jersey
mine fit without rubbing , with a 3/8 spacer
but they deffinetly tuck in more than the 3.5 back space rim
not sure how i like them yet , wish they had a 9" rim with 4.5 bs

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts