fuel lines

Big Reazon

Weekend Racer
Feb 6, 2007
Seattle, Wa
What is everybody using for fuel lines I have a grand national tank and will be doing a sbc with regulator for now but a lsx swap will be coming later on. What is everybody using from the tank to the motor? I have been trying to figure this one out for sometime it may be very simple but it kinda has me stumped been searching all over the web.

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
high pressure blue summit line, from tank to engine, wrapped in that black plastic wire cover stuff....been running it for 4 years this way.

Big Reazon

Weekend Racer
Feb 6, 2007
Seattle, Wa
455_82malibu said:
high pressure blue summit line, from tank to engine, wrapped in that black plastic wire cover stuff....been running it for 4 years this way.
So this should suffice then correct http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AER-FCN0620/?rtype=10
What size line are you running and what did you use at the sending unit/pump hose clamps?
Anyone guess how much line I would need to make 2 runs of line down the car from tank to radiator area?

vickysbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2011
Low End
20' is more than enough for 1 pass. For the return you can use the vehicles original fuel feed line or the vac line that runs from the tank to the charcoal canister if its not being used. And double the hose clamps on both ends for safety.

I used a modified GN pickup (lengthened, for a malinu wagon), and used -6 compression style fittings/tube adapters on the actual feed and return lines on the sending unit. I then ran -6 braided line (Earls Pro-Lite in my case), with Russell push-lok adapter fittings on a Corvette style filter/regulator assembly. I ran hardline, with AN flares and tube nuts/sleeves, for the main feed and transitioned to -6 flex line (Earls again) to go to the rail, with a Russell adapter here too.

labelblack68

Weekend Racer
Nov 28, 2010
myrtle beach, sc
grand national tank with an lines -8 feed and -6 return
100_1197.jpg

labelblack68

Weekend Racer
Nov 28, 2010
myrtle beach, sc
had a very bad gas smell in my garage and could not find a leak. Found out today that these new pump gas with 10% ethanol has a gas permeation problem. The alcohols in the fuel makes the gas vapor seep out of the lines causing the smell. Have to convert the car to hard line or teflon lined stainless hose. Dont use rubber if you plan on running pump gas.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts