flex fuel 5.3 swap

ElCaminoBill

Pro Stocker
Feb 8, 2004
South Carolina
Anybody tried swapping a flex fuel 5.3 into a G body yet? The E85 option opens up lot of possibilities.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
IMO you won't fully see the E85 benefits without building a purpose-built motor. I'm sure you've read of people making stupid power on it (cost vs. cost with race gas). This month's Car Craft has an article on a turboed 3rd gen Camaro, and the owner's hoping to hit 1,000rwhp (already around 900). I may still build an E85 motor for the Malibu, but that will mean high compression amongst other things. Plus, there aren't a ton of stations in every state (though it's getting better) that offer E85, and I'd like to take my project cross-country at some point in time. I still have years to sort it out though :p

A

Anonymous

I plan on running my 02 6.0 off e85 when i get it running.. To many good reason not to use it, specially because I plan on running boost in the future.. You would need to build your fuel system around it.. Theres alot of helpfull info in this thread about e85.. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602091

ElCaminoBill

Pro Stocker
Feb 8, 2004
South Carolina
I'm just in the brainstorming stage now but some power mods would certainly be in order if I went E85.

Hot Rod had a feature on a Fairmont with a Chevy truck 5.3 that kicks tail.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts