Eectric Fan... what works

A

Anonymous

I want to get rid of the big Ol' fan and shroud in my Meano....

My plan is to replace it with an electic fan. I have found some 10" fans that are in the $50 range and are rated for 1000 cfm and the temp switch runs about $25.

is this enough to move an adequate amount of air for the 3.8 ive got in there now, (Keep in mind that intend to do a 350 swap eventually) or is there one from another vehicle that i can source one from that will be is sufficient to keep temps in check? Is the stock 3.8 radiator sufficient for a 350 too? Or do i need a different Radiator too.

Id like to do this once so ill have the parts in place for the swap and not have to do it again later. Basically any upgrade i do now i want to work with future mods.

which route would be best?

Suggestions?

A

Anonymous

i had an 81 grand lemans 4 door with a 350hp 350, i had a 2 core rad with an electric fan out of a volvo car and even in the summer when its +30 it never got any hotter than 200C
81_meano said:
??? any idea???

A

Anonymous

Was that a single fan or double? any idea what size it was? 10", 12", ect...

A

Anonymous

Found my Answer...

just in case anyone else has a similar diema, here is the link

http://www.montecarloss.com/community/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=491948#Post491948

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
I have a 3.8 ford taurus fan. Alot of other guys use them too. they pull ALOT of air! and I got it for 20$ at the junkyard.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the tip... what year Taurus should i be looking for?

toxicbu

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2009
romeoville il
80ECLT said:
I have a 3.8 ford taurus fan. Alot of other guys use them too. they pull ALOT of air! and I got it for 20$ at the junkyard.
x2 im runing that same fan , for 5 years now . think i paid $30, but over all a real good fan

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
81_meano said:
Thanks for the tip... what year Taurus should i be looking for?

Late 80's to early 90's/ And merc sable 3.8. Dont get the 3.0 fan its not the same.

A

Anonymous

i use the bosch volvo fan, its supposed to be like 3000 cfm and i tell you can get them for free all day at volvo because the little sugar board burns out on them and they replace the entire assembly.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!