duel headlight header panel help

rpoudrier

Weekend Racer
Nov 29, 2008
mass
yeah you got a point. oh and btw. the header panel i got has no problem lining up with the pilot hole in the fender. i just rest it in place for a quick look.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
rpoudrier said:
yeah you got a point. oh and btw. the header panel i got has no problem lining up with the pilot hole in the fender. i just rest it in place for a quick look.
hmmm..that's cool it fit like that mine didn't for some reason.when i ordered mine from the dealer i asked for one for an elcamino and i was told that the wagons had a different header panel. :-k i'm not sure if this is true or not but either way i made it work.sounds like you're on your way man good to hear.

rpoudrier

Weekend Racer
Nov 29, 2008
mass
yeah. im making progress. that guard rail i hit last year did a number but now i can build it the way i want.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
:shock: guard rails look like they would do that.building it the way you want is what separates you car from the rest.what it's all about i my book.

rpoudrier

Weekend Racer
Nov 29, 2008
mass
got a question. when i checked the fit of my header panel i somehow over looked the alignment of the bolt holes. how do i fix this problem?

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
rpoudrier said:
got a question. when i checked the fit of my header panel i somehow over looked the alignment of the bolt holes. how do i fix this problem?

my fender/header panel holes didn't line up for me either,here's what worked for me.try drilling through the stock holes in the header panel in to the fenders after you align the fenders to the header panel.

rpoudrier

Weekend Racer
Nov 29, 2008
mass
ok i will try it once i get the other fender put on. thanks. now i know what u were talking about b4. i saw the alignment tab and didnt pay attention to the bolt holes

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
rpoudrier said:
Anybody know were I can get body bushings
well, you can pick up the aftermarket urethane ones from almost anywhere summit etc.John @tnt race shop sells nice aluminum ones too.just gotta decide which type you want.from what I've been told OEM rubber style body bushings are getting harder to find.tnt also sells the correct replacement bolts which is nice when changing bushings.while your at it,check your radiator support bushings too,they don't always come in the sets.food for thought

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts