Custom LED taillights...

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
:roflback:

I don't really have an excuse besides it's a small project that interests me :lol:

lurchsmalibu

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2005
Lakeland, Florida
388bu said:
What the heck ya doin man? Those dont make the car any faster! :p

They might help keep more battery juice going to the ignition during the night drags!! :lol: :-$

Static

Amateur Racer
Mar 15, 2005
Apache Junction, Arizona

hp3445

Amateur Racer
Jan 25, 2009
Southern NJ
Doober said:
... another little project I was thinking of doing. At first I'd thought of using the trailer-style waterproof LEDs you get at most trailer supply stores/Autozone/etc...

blic562ca003.jpg

Then I started looking into LEDs and LED strips, turns out they make waterproof versions, but they're a little pricey. I'm thinking of finding some broken '81 taillights (or '78s) and using the housings. The plan would be to mount them behind smoked plexiglas, and the light pattern would be similar to the Regals/GNs, with an amber strip in between the two red strips... I'm still in the thinking stage because I'd need a slightly dimmer strip for the running light portion though. It's likely the reverse light housing/lens would stay since it's clear, and I could just get a plug-in LED bulb for that.

87_Buick_Regal_Grand_National_DV_06-BJ-04.jpg

1716.jpg

trust me on this one.. I have looked into all the others and actually own a set of the spagehetti engineering LEDs for my Regal.. It saved me a bunch of agg on the configuration and the install was something my 10 year old could do. He actually helped me with them.. I looked at different light bars and sticks and the only ones that put out the brightness I wanted were big $$$ and I still had to fab the tailight ...
this one was the answer! no cheapy bulbs that do not put out.. no cutting to fit in the light sticks.. just a simple take down and install... it literally took me less than 2 hours to take apart, install, put together and wire up.. they look awesome.. im telling you ...

http://www.spaghettiengineering.com/comersus/store/grand_national_page.asp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se_a7s8nDl0

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts