cooked starter

boyzbad

Top Fueler
Jul 28, 2004
Olathe, Ks
Well I put the remote solenoid on it the other night and used it at the race today. I never had any issues but we had rain delays all day so there wasn't any round robin action for me. All runs were over an hour apart. So I'm thinking that this is the trick.

327mali

Amateur Racer
Aug 8, 2009
ocean county,new jersey
http://www.cfrperformance.com/Default.asp?Redirected=Y

they have mini starters for 87 bucks, have one in my car. cranks over awesome and cheapest around. only problem is i have huge *ss headers and i had to mount the starter upsidedown(the block on the front lets you do it) only way i could get it to bolt up due to massive headers.(i got them for free, not complaining) and the starter is about 3 mm off the headers. the block accepts large and small diameter flywheels also.

*edit* they also have a killer alternator and power stearing pump bracket. i have the alternator bracket on my car and it looks awesome, you dont need a prybar to adjust the belts ether, you just turn the center piece with a 1/2 inch wrench and lock it down with the 2 nuts on the outside

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
gear reduction starter...thats the answer. build it once and build it right. i never have an issue starting my car no matter how hot it is outside or if i just ran it or not. and my timing is locked at 38 degrees. still using the factory start wire as well. use a quality starter.

mebe007

Amateur Racer
Oct 16, 2009
Eastern Virginia
327mali said:
http://www.cfrperformance.com/Default.asp?Redirected=Y

they have mini starters for 87 bucks, have one in my car. cranks over awesome and cheapest around. only problem is i have huge ### headers and i had to mount the starter upsidedown(the block on the front lets you do it) only way i could get it to bolt up due to massive headers.(i got them for free, not complaining) and the starter is about 3 mm off the headers. the block accepts large and small diameter flywheels also.

*edit* they also have a killer alternator and power stearing pump bracket. i have the alternator bracket on my car and it looks awesome, you dont need a prybar to adjust the belts ether, you just turn the center piece with a 1/2 inch wrench and lock it down with the 2 nuts on the outside

anyone else heard of this company? i like some of the things i see

nawlins-tim

Frequent Racer
Jan 28, 2010
New Orleans, Louisiana
slimbo5 said:
gear reduction starter...thats the answer. build it once and build it right. i never have an issue starting my car no matter how hot it is outside or if i just ran it or not. and my timing is locked at 38 degrees. still using the factory start wire as well. use a quality starter.
Slimbo what brand starter are you useing? I have a cheep gear reduction that worked just OK in the past but getting slower starting each day. Alot of guys say to use a quality starter, would a Mid-Priced "Powermaster do the trick? I'm useing a basically stock advance curve and under 10.5 to 1 compression.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts