Clutch peddle assembly from a Monte Carlo in a Malibu?

Memphis

Daily Driver
Mar 16, 2011
t5montecarlo said:
post pictures. I suspect it may be F body pedals.

I'm not sure what these are out of almost look like they were peddles from an early chevy modified bracket to work with the metric mount. Idunno...
clutch2.jpg

clutch1.jpg

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Those look like 1982-1983 F body mechanical pedals or 1984-1992 F body hydraulic pedals. It is hard to see in the picture...is the firewall bracket the same as the G body bracket?

Memphis

Daily Driver
Mar 16, 2011
t5montecarlo said:
Those look like 1982-1983 F body mechanical pedals or 1984-1992 F body hydraulic pedals. It is hard to see in the picture...is the firewall bracket the same as the G body bracket?

Yes the entire mounting bracket and bolt pattern are the same. If you look at the peddle covers on the clutch setup they look like they are from an older vehicle not newer??? Some one modified the factory g-body break peddle bracket to accept the clutch/brake peddles. See the welded area in the picture. JD

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
The pedal cover that is there is from a 1982-1992 F body. The F body brake pedal shaft is a different shape than the G body brake pedal shaft. Compare your mystery brake pedal to the one in this picture:

It is hard to see what weld you are referring to.

Is the clutch pedal for hydraulics or mechanical linkage?

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Yep that's deffinatly a Camaro brake pedal pad with the little circles,I have one (92 Camaro) sitting out in my driveway! Later

Memphis

Daily Driver
Mar 16, 2011
t5montecarlo said:
The pedal cover that is there is from a 1982-1992 F body. The F body brake pedal shaft is a different shape than the G body brake pedal shaft. Compare your mystery brake pedal to the one in this picture:

It is hard to see what weld you are referring to.

Is the clutch pedal for hydraulics or mechanical linkage?

Well it sure looks like the break peddle and maybe the clutch peddle too are from the 82-92 F-body. But the mounting braket have been modified for some reason. I don't even know whether they are for a mechanical or hydraulic setup???

I might just build a TH350, this whole conversion to a manual trans is confusing. More so now...LOL JD

Memphis

Daily Driver
Mar 16, 2011
Yep, I'm building a TH350 w/tight converter in the 2500-2800 range. I'll put the manual transmission idea on the back burner until I can afford a transmission strong enough to hold decent HP. JD

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts