Changed my thermostat and want to sell the car

larryg

Frequent Racer
Jun 6, 2008
Western Mass
I'm kidding ofcourse but what a freaking pain in the butt!! Keep in mind this car is bone stock with air. I couldnt even SEE the housing, I could barely see the top hose, never mind the bottom hose and clamp, which I am quite sure was installed in such a way so that no human could possible put a wrench on it. Some a hole on the assembly line back in '84 must have been laughing when he directed that hose clamp :lol: .

By the time I was done (4 hours) I wondered if would have been better off removing the water pump, alternator and carb. At one point I was ready to take off the whole front clip! Keep in mind I've been wrenching on bikes for the last 25 years and not cars. I feel like a freaking p*ssy because my back aches and I'm ready to go soak in the shower from being bent in half all day. What a wuss. :roll: All I can say is that AC had better blow ice cold this summer or its going to disappear, along with every other computer wire and sensor I can grab a hold of. :p

mhamilton

Frequent Racer
Jun 11, 2006
North Carolina
On a Chevy V6? Haha, you should try the fuel pump sometime :) Maybe I'm not sympathetic because I've had my intake off a couple times to reseal oil leaks... I think I can probably undo everything with my eyes closed by now LOL

Hey, it's still better than leaning over a Corvette or other low car. I couldn't move for 3 days after doing the p/s pump on my '96 Impala.

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
wanna talk about fun when i worked for saturn i had to pull the dash and hvac out of a 07 vue to changs the evaporator needless to say i had about 9 or 10 nuts and bolts in hand when done . well larry theres a reason to drop the v-8 in G/L nice car to that car is really sweet as you know

A

Anonymous

I remember trying to get at the spark plugs that had me extremely annoyed. I took off all the emission crap, computer, sensors, heat shields, wires, tubes, hoses, air pump, charcoal canister. Oh so much better! A/C stuff is still in there because it gets too dang hot down here in the summer!

Trickbu

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Trickbu said:
I remember trying to get at the spark plugs that had me extremely annoyed. I took off all the emission crap, computer, sensors, heat shields, wires, tubes, hoses, air pump, charcoal canister. Oh so much better! A/C stuff is still in there because it gets too dang hot down here in the summer!

Trickbu

Likewise!
All gone but the a/c. Mine is a Buick 3.8.
Thankfully it is a little more user friendly than the Chevy V/6.

I'm installing some Pacesetter headers today. They are a GREAT product. Sweetest flanges I've ever seen.
Only things I have to move for install is the dipstick and the starter.
Found that I also have to move the transmission cooling lines.
Driver's side, everything from the top. Passenger from the bottom,bolt remove / install on this side through the wheel well.

bukweet

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!