centerline clear coat

sb454chevy

Amateur Racer
Jul 23, 2005
L.I. new york
www.myspace.com
i just got a set of centerline rims for my car and the clear coat was yellow on them so i used paint stripper on them and now they look nice but i need to spray them with clear so they dont get messed up again what kind of clear coat will be good for this? i have a spray gun if i need to spray it on if that will be better than rattle can.

A

Anonymous

hhmmmmm

i personally would prefer a clear powdercoat if you can do it...
rob

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
El Coolmino said:
Unless you're gonna powdercoat them, it's just going to peel & chip and you're better off leaving them bare and using aluminum cleaner periodically. Just my opinion.

Good luck!
==================================================
I agree! I plan on keeping the wheels I'm working on bare...but again, it's only the outer rim that will be bare, and I plan on just re-polishing them when I need to. You could possibly look into a clear epoxy finish. That would the next best thing to powder coating .
it seems as though the auto manufacturers used a clear lacquer on their wheels...or used to at one time.
Jack ;)

79wagonator

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2006
Long Island, NY
www.cardomain.com
Dupli Color makes a clear coating made just for wheels
click here>> http://www.duplicolor.com/products/wheel.html

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
I think VHT also produces wheel paint...however, I'm not sure if they have a clearcoat/ finish...I think only colors.
Jack ;)

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
i had satin autodrags before that were at least 15 years old......i dont think mine were cleared at all.......is this something they just started doing????

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts