Centering Transmission

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
How do I go about centering the transmission if I was to fab up a new corssmember so that the transmission is centered with the rear end and the driveshaft?

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
When I was doing my motorplate fab I used solid type motor mounts to line everything up, made the new mounts, and then removed the solid mounts when everything was tight. Just an idea, this would get the trans in line also.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Make a jig off the old one, or check your driveline angle and tack it up that way. It doesn't really have to be dead nuts on.

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
I just figured that it would need to be every bit as accurate as the pinion angle... Vertical as well as horizontal...

The solid mounts look like a good idea, and for 24 bucks, unless someone knows of some even cheaper...

That's true, I could just measure from each frame rail and just put it back in the same spot....

What about vertically aligning it... knowing how high to put the output shaft? I guess putting the driveshaft in and setting the angle from where it lines up from the rear end could work.

Again... measuring everything from where it is right now could work...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts