Brake Booster Pushrod Removal

Sandy

Amateur Racer
Nov 9, 2005
Anyone know how to remove the pushrod out of the power brake booster ?

i.e. the one connected to the brake pedal

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
A azz load of beating pounding prying......

at least thats how mine was, i had to split the booster apart.

someone else may know a easy way.

Sandy

Amateur Racer
Nov 9, 2005
To shorten and re-use with manual master cylinder

Sandy

Amateur Racer
Nov 9, 2005
Gotta be someone that knows the correct procedure or what is holding the rod back in the booster

Sandy

Amateur Racer
Nov 9, 2005
I did a destructive removal and now know what is inside the booster.

I would say it is basically a non-serviceable part and would not recommend anyone to take it apart.

The rod was of no value, way too short.

A

Anonymous

Wish i had seen this thread earlier,i could have saved you some time :( .I also had the same brainstorm as you when i converted my malibu over to manual brakes.After much beating,prying,breaking and snapping i also ended up destroying a perfectly good brake booster with nothing to show for the fruits of my labor :shock: I guess we can both put this in the file of finding out the hard way :oops:

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
My stocker and my replacement isn't attached to anything except at the pedal. It just has a rounded end that fits into the booster, kind of like the way a pushrod goes into a rocker arm. :?

Tommy

Sandy

Amateur Racer
Nov 9, 2005
The rod from the brake pedal on my 78 was attached inside the booster. Even after disassembling the booster still could not separate the rod from the internal components without breaking more stuff.

Your setup was obviously different.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Duh. I was thinking of where the boooster goes into the master cylinder. Mine's not removeable at the booster input either. :oops: Never mind.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts